Friday, November 12, 2010

Read it for Yourself

I have this disease. No worries, nothing fatal, just a disease that causes me to be...shifty. Hm, that seems to be the right word. Here, let me explain. In my last post, I told you I'm currently reading The Lovely Bones, but as of last night, I was given the book, The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer, so now, I'm reading that one too. It's incredibly good. (The shifty comment comes from my strange need to read like twelve freakin' books at one time.) Anyway it's a book about, obviously, the short second life of a girl named Bree Tanner, that we first meet in the book Eclipse from the Twilight Saga. I know, you're thinking something along the lines of, 'Twilight Saga, seriously? You loser,' but seriously check this book out. Ah, and to talk about that whole Twilight deal. I have read it, yes. I read it a while ago, but I was addicted. The coolest part? I'm not someone that's totally into vamp novels, and I don't really enjoy too much in the scary, creepy, book department. I don't care who you are, or what kind of books you enjoy, read these freakin' books. Yes, they are long, but they are also INSANELY incredible. I was totally wrapped up in every book I read, seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, tasteing every aspect of that entire series. Stephenie Meyer writes as though everything written is personal experience. Exciting, romantic, intense, passionate, action packed. Yes, my list of adjectives for the Saga. I was incredibly sad to read the end of it, but it was worth every last bit of my time. Now, reading this current book realated to the Saga, I'm totally in love with it. I haven't yet heard a word about Bella, or Edward, or anything like that. I'm learing the entire opposite angle of the entire 'army of vamps' thing. So, Twilight fans, you must read this book. You will understand so much more than you thought you would. Speaking of understanding, have I mentioned I love Stephenie Meyer? If not, then here goes nothing, I LOVE STEPHENIE MEYER. I love her for this very reason: In the begginning of The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner, Stephenie Meyer writes a letter to the readers, explaing what she wants us to get out of this book. She tells about how Bree was a character that created herself, something all writers can attend to. She says she hopes we love Bree just as she does, and then explains that it is a selfish wish, considering it is The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. But because of her personal touch with this novel, as well as the readers, I admire Stephenie Meyer now, more than I already did, (as if that was possible?)
Alright, so, yes, pick up this book, it's fan-freakin'-tastic.
This is where I'm supposed to tell you to not take my word for it, go read it yourself, but, I'm not going to. I'm going to tell you to take my word for it, as well as go read it for yourself.

No comments: